Indonesia : Celepuk Reban
Scientific name : Otus lempiji Horsfield, 1821
Probably forms superspecies with O. mentawi, O. bakkamoena, O. lettia, O. semitorques, O. fuliginosus and O. megalotis. Frequently treated as race of O. bakkamoena, and sometimes considered to include as race or to be conspecific with O. lettia, but vocalizations distinct. Race cnephaeus apparently differs vocally, may be separate species; condorensis doubtfully distinct from nominate. Six subspecies recognized. [ more >> ]
Subspecies and Distribution:
- condorensis Kloss, 1930 – S peninsular Thailand below Isthmus of Kra.
- lempiji (Horsfield, 1821) – Malay Peninsula (except S), S Sumatra, Bangka, Belitung, Java, Bali, N Natuna Is, Borneo (except N).
- cnephaeus Deignan, 1950 – S Malay Peninsula.
- hypnodes Deignan, 1950 – N & C Sumatra.
- lemurum Deignan, 1957 – N Borneo.
- kangeanus Mayr, 1938 – Kangean Is.
Conservation status : Least Concern [LC]
All rights reserved, copyright © Asman Adi Purwanto [ AAP ]