Indonesia : Muraibatu Tarung
Scientific name: Monticola solitarius Linnaeus, 1758
Separation of races generally difficult; characters tend to intergrade, suggesting that most, if not all, variation is clinal. Race philippensis highly distinctive in plumage and to some extent apparently also in ecology, but intergradation extensive. Five subspecies recognized.[ http://ibc.lynxeds.com/ ]
Subspecies and Distribution:
- solitarius (Linnaeus, 1758) – NW Africa, S Europe (E to Italy and N Balkans), N Turkey and Transcaucasia; non-breeding also N Africa and Arabia.
- longirostris (Blyth, 1847) – Greece, W & S Turkey and Levant to Tien Shan and NW Himalayas; non-breeding also NE Africa E to N India.
- pandoo (Sykes, 1832) – C Himalayas, C & E China (including Hainan) and N Vietnam; non-breeding S & SE Asia S to Greater Sundas.
- philippensis (Statius Muller, 1776) – E Mongolia, NE China, Korea, S Sakhalin, S Kuril Is, Japan, Ryukyu Is, and N Philippines (Batanes Is); non-breeding SE China and Philippines S to Sundas.
- madoci Chasen, 1940 – extreme S Thailand, Peninsular Malaysia and N Sumatra.
All rights reserved copyright by © Asman Adi Purwanto [ AAP ] Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org